Having a mastectomy helped you win the battle against breast cancer, but you may feel less confident and feminine without your breasts. Board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Lars Enevoldsen of Skinfinite Solutions Medical Spa and Laser Center, offers breast reconstruction for women in Modesto, Stockton and surrounding areas of California.
What is Breast Reconstruction?
Breast reconstruction is a type of plastic surgery that restores breasts that are removed as part of breast cancer treatment. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Enevoldsen specializes in the most advanced breast reconstruction techniques, such as:
- Flap techniques that use skin, muscle and blood vessels from the abdomen or back
- Tissue expansion to create a skin pocket for breast implants
- Breast implants to restore breast shape and size
Benefits of Breast Reconstruction
Breast cancer and related breast trauma can have long-lasting physical and emotional effects for women in Modesto. Breast reconstruction surgery is an opportunity to restore a woman’s appearance and self-confidence. For a breast reconstruction procedure, Modesto plastic surgeon Dr. Enevoldsen will guide patients to determine the surgical methods that can offer the best outcome. Dr. Enevoldsen will also help select the type, style, and size of breast implants to meet each patient’s needs.
How Does Breast Reconstruction Work?
The nature of your mastectomy and breast cancer treatments determines if you are a candidate for a specific breast reconstruction technique. Some of the most common techniques are:
- TRAM flap that uses donor muscle, skin and blood vessels from the abdomen while maintaining the blood supply
- DIEP and SIEA flap techniques that completely remove the donor tissue from the abdomen
- SGAP, TUG and PAP flap techniques that use donor tissue from the buttocks or thighs
- Latissimus dorsi flap technique that uses donor tissue from the back while maintaining the blood supply
- Tissue expansion that stretches the breast skin over the course of several months
- Breast implants to create the breast shape and size
What to Expect from Breast Reconstruction
During your personal consultation with Dr. Enevoldsen, he will also discuss how to prepare for surgery, the procedures to be used, and what to expect during the recovery.
Each technique requires a degree of downtime. Flap techniques require the longest recovery periods, and tissue expansion will take longer to restore the breast. Dr. Enevoldsen recommends options and helps you determine which approach is best for you.
How Much Does Breast Reconstruction Cost in Modesto, CA?
Breast reconstruction surgery may be covered by your insurance, so we prefer to discuss cost at the time of your consultation. For your out-of-pocket expenses, we accept payment by cash, checks and major credit cards. Our financing options include Med Loan Finance and CareCredit®.
Many women who have mastectomies due to breast cancer opt for breast reconstruction once they are released by their oncologists. If you are interested in breast reconstruction in the Modesto and Stockton area, contact us to schedule a personal consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Lars Enevoldsen.
*Individual results may vary.